An*tek*in

" A Small Company......Building Beautiful Dreams "

You can find my Antekin Finds For Sale at

Antekin.com

New finds added weekly.

Welcome, come in and browse.



Click the pictures to super enlarge.




Searching for that special treasure? E-mail me, I'll search for you.

  • antekin@comcast.net
  • donaantekin@hotmail.com

Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's All About Me






One sale, just one today. The sale was advertised on Craigslist, and stated the sale would start at 10 am. Boy, they meant it. I got there at 9, and sat in my car. Luckily one of my fellow salers was there to, so we spent the time chit chatting. Connie finally arrived, we went in separate cars today because we both were heading in different directions after. You know tis the season.

Finally by 9:30 we all decided we better start a line or we could lose out when the sale finally started. The sale was being held by one of the live-in grounds keepers of Oakbourne Mansion, and the sale was inside the Mansion. A beautiful place it is too. We all huddled on this little side porch, trying to keep warm, and then the lady opened the door. Excitement was running high in this little crowd of ours, we could not wait to see all the wonderful things we were expecting. The door opened. We rushed in. And.........What a bummer, Not what we expected at all. JUNKKKKKKKKKK.

I did pick up an old doll house, quite dirty and missing some of it's trim, but I fell in love with it. I brought it home, cleaned it up, and added the choir boys from last weeks sale. Need to fine some of those little wreaths for the windows, some are missing. I totally bought this thing to resell, and then I plugged it in. So keeping it.

I also found a pair of matching Italian piano lights on Ebay. Bought those to resell too. But plugged them in and keeping them. So you all can see it is pretty clear, today was All About Me!

Now I am off to buy NEW Christmas gifts for my kids. They don't like my idea of used anything. That to will change someday. I hope.

7 comments:

Lee Weber said...

you can adopt me and I'll take the "used" Christmas gifts!! LOL. Loving the stuff you sent. Email your address, I have a little something for you too!

Lisa Johnson said...

I so hear you about buying stuff to resell and then not being able to part with it. My kids too don't do "used." I hope someday my thrifting ways will rub off.

Lisa

Linda said...

Dona, I'd be keeping these treasures too. The doll house looks darling...ready for Christmas and love the roof top pixie. The lamps look very pretty on your dresser,all the crystal are beautiful.. Linda

Dena said...

Dona,

I have the same problem! I keep keeping things that I find and then I have to keep shopping. Sigh. Such a cycle. LOL! Love your doll house :)

Hugs,
Dena

Vintage Hunter said...

That house is adorable! The choir boys are the perfect addition. Love those lamps too. I have one that I *tried* to resell but it had to stay home with me as well.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Ah, yes. The "it spent the night at my house and didn't want to leave" syndrome. Happens here quite often. I don't blame you for keeping all that. I'm sure I would, too.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I love your home!!! Just stopped to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.