An*tek*in

" A Small Company......Building Beautiful Dreams "

You can find my Antekin Finds For Sale at

Antekin.com

New finds added weekly.

Welcome, come in and browse.



Click the pictures to super enlarge.




Searching for that special treasure? E-mail me, I'll search for you.

  • antekin@comcast.net
  • donaantekin@hotmail.com

Monday, September 17, 2007

Media Days 9/14 & 15/07





By Thursday I was going through major withdrawal; the weekend could not arrive fast enough. Friday morning I dropped my son off at school and headed for Downingtown, PA. There was a wonderful sale held at an old farm house in the middle of know where. I found an old sewing machine bottom that would go perfectly with an old pink piece of marble that I had been saving. I also found hotel silver pieces that happened to have my monogram on them. Great Finds!

Saturday I picked up Connie at 7:30 am and we made a bee line for Media, PA. The entire town was having their annual yard sale. The weather was cold and rainy, but we were on a mission. A mission to help those with junk that needed to be unloaded. I came across an antique bird cage with a floor stand taller than me. It was quite rusty, but a little elbow grease and rustoleum paint was all it needed. The goal is to find a good home for this beautiful French country piece.

Connie and I picked up some small furniture pieces, tinware, linens, and stoneware as well. By the time we were done we could not see out the back of the car. Overall, the trip was quite enjoyable and we already started counting down the days until the next Super Yard Sale Day in Media.

Happy Dumpster Diving
Shop till you drop!


Dona

1 comment:

Magnolia Street Style said...

I sure hope you don't overdue it this weekend. You had better watch out for me. I'm not driving so I can get out of the car quicker and snatch up those finds.