An*tek*in

" A Small Company......Building Beautiful Dreams "

You can find my Antekin Finds For Sale at

Antekin.com

New finds added weekly.

Welcome, come in and browse.



Click the pictures to super enlarge.




Searching for that special treasure? E-mail me, I'll search for you.

  • antekin@comcast.net
  • donaantekin@hotmail.com

Friday, June 27, 2008

Silk and Glue = New Chair






As I waited for the air conditioner man today, I decided to finish up a
project that was started last week. Yes, our brand new air conditioning
system is dead again!
Well anyway, that to will be fixed. On with the project. I had bought this chair a few yardsales back, and decided. Wow, paint it white, re-cover it, and it will look great in my daughter's bedroom. She has a Eastlake bed, and an Eastlake
chair would be perfect! Not exactly, I painted the chair white. Added
webbing,Did I mention I never did this before??? And then proceeded to
re-cover it with new batting, and silk material. Oh, so pretty! But,
before I COULD ADD THE TRIM, I decided that the white paint did not
work! So, I spent all day stripping the chair back to it's original
look. Hot glued the trim on, burned every finger in the process! I
think it came out pretty good for my first try. You may see
all my flaws, but that's OK, 'cause the next chair will be perfect.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Your chair turned out gorgeous, and I see no flaws.

My husband has grounded me from buying chairs, I always find cute chairs and make him recover them, he isn't happy with that idea LOL