An*tek*in

" A Small Company......Building Beautiful Dreams "

You can find my Antekin Finds For Sale at

Antekin.com

New finds added weekly.

Welcome, come in and browse.



Click the pictures to super enlarge.




Searching for that special treasure? E-mail me, I'll search for you.

  • antekin@comcast.net
  • donaantekin@hotmail.com

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Executive








On Friday I became an executive. LOL. At an estate sale up on the Main
Line of Philadelphia, I scored a piano bench, and a pretty little lamp.
I did not need a piano bench, reason being no piano( and if I did have
one, I would not know what to do with it)But, I thought what a cute miniature desk for my lap top, while watching TV.
Easy to use and easy to re-use.

The small picture frame is brass and enamel, some of it's pearls and rhinestones are missing. I removed the soldier's picture and underneath was a Victorian Valentine. The feeling of love is still there.

On
Sat. morning I went back to the estate sale for any left overs. Behind
the hot water heater in the basement I found a great old mirror frame
the bottom piece missing. Fell in love with that and just had to have
it.

So after rewiring the lamp, refinishing the bench, and bringing the mirror frame back to life, I settled into my library seated at the Executive desk.

Before
I forget,hubby took his dad and brothers goose hunting on Sat. morning
and he found this cast iron post in the marsh. Not sure if it is an old
weather vane or a trail marker. He brought it home for me. Now, it has
a winter home on the patio.
Guess I'll keep that man a little bit longer.

Check out Vintage Re-Style for before and after pictures of this weeks projects.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I like the piano bench. Very good use for the laptop - snacks - etc. I love that mirror topper, too. That would look great just about anywhere. You do find the neatest things in the oddest places at sales! Behind the water heater... ha

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! What fabulous finds!

Are you sure that's a piano bench? I've never seen one like that. But whatever it is, it's one beautiful piece. Love it, love it, love it!

Linda said...

Love your finds and how cool to find a sweet Valentine in the frame. The mirror piece is wonderful...I've seen similar frames hanging in a picture grouping, and it looks so neat...lots of possibilities.
Hope you are rooting for the Steelers on Sunday...hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I love how that piano bench turned out! It has such a beautiful finish. Its gorgeous now since you got your hands on it

-Amanda

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Wow I am loving that photo frame, what a find!!
Alicia

Lee Weber said...

I LOVE the blue frame- the valentine is a bonus!!