An*tek*in

" A Small Company......Building Beautiful Dreams "

You can find my Antekin Finds For Sale at

Antekin.com

New finds added weekly.

Welcome, come in and browse.



Click the pictures to super enlarge.




Searching for that special treasure? E-mail me, I'll search for you.

  • antekin@comcast.net
  • donaantekin@hotmail.com

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Find of A Lifetime






For the first time in quite some time, Connie and I got out on a Saturday
morning. We drove up into Delaware County and hit an Estate Sale. This
one was great, no one in line, we were right on time, drove right to
the house! Looked at the ad and realized, the sale is next Saturday. Oh well!

Off we went to Havertown
PA, and hit another sale. Nice things, just nothing we really were
looking for. So home again. Connie went on home and I did some house
chores. Bored, I decided to check out Craigslist, and an Estate Sale right down the road. Call for an appointment. So why not? I am not doing anything that can not wait. So I call, and go right over. Nothing interested
me here either. The lady asked if I was looking for anything special,
and right out of my mouth comes " I collect The Blessed Mother"

Where
that came from, I have no idea. So off into the attic she goes, and
comes down with a large INDOOR church statue of the Blessed Mother! She
is made of chalk, hand painted, and came out of a church in Ireland
that was bombed. She was the only thing that had survived! She was than
brought to the U.S. and sat in the attic all of these years. I will not
tell you what I paid, but, it really was not much.

When the daughter gets back to Ireland after settling her parent's Estate, she said she would E-mail me the name of the church.

I did pick up a few odds and ends, but, after The Blessed mother find, I could not even count them as finds.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

What a gorgeous find! So, you and Connie are back at it, huh? The sales are picking up in your area? They never left Texas, altho they did thin out a little. Looks like you did well. Have a good one!

Dena said...

Wow Dona, that is an amazing find! What an amazing keepsake, at any price :)

Hugs,
Dena